“Chat N Chill is a worthy beach bar, notable for
its beautiful Exumas setting, good food and drink,
and its salt-encrusted clientele.”
–Caribbean Travel & Life
How long have we been here?
Chat ‘N’ Chill, a beachside bar and grill, which opened in 1998, was created, designed and developed by Kenneth “KB” Bowe to meet the needs of cruising yachtsmen. Observing a trend in Baby Boomers abandoning their nests, purchasing sailboats and setting out to see the world, KB set his goal on being their home away from home. After crossing the Gulf Stream from Florida, cruisers meander through the Exuma Cays, down to George Town where they find all conveniences of any port back home. No worries, join the community of 400-600 boats that make Elizabeth Harbour their home every winter and rely on Chat ‘N’ Chill for:
Bar and grill
Recreation such as volleyball, bridge, and dominoes
Clean and comfortable bathrooms
- R/O water and ice
- Venue for Beach Church and other Cruising Regatta events
By providing a home to Volleyball Beach and offering a full service bar, a variety of Bahamian specialties and quality food, access to CNN and Financial News Network, Chat ‘N’ Chill quickly became a favorite among those vacationing or simply cruising the Exuma Cays.
Meet our our entire friendly team of Chillologists who strive to keep all of our guests happy and returning year after year.
Why do people come?
No doubt, for the Sun, Sand and Sea! Over 1000 feet of beach available to explore, bring your towels, suntan lotion and beach toys to:
Enjoy crystal clear shallow water that’s excellent for families with small
- Feed and swim with our friendly stingrays
Swim with Nicky and Noodle, Exuma’s friendly dolphins
Sunbathe on powder-fine white sand beach
- Snorkel (bring your own gear)
Volleyball everyday at 2:30 PM
Relax in the shade of our Casuarina Grove…join a game of
dominoes or bridge
- Eat conch salad, learn how it’s made and experience the Out Island Lifestyle
- Take an nature walk to the Atlantic coastal side of Stocking Island and see 90 foot sand dunes.
- Trek up to highest point on Stocking Island, The Beacon, to glimpse a breathtaking aerial view of Stocking Island and Elizabeth Harbour
- See Jacques Cousteau’s underwater mystery cave
- Have fun: let us plan a wedding, party or corporate event for you
Chat ‘N’ Chill is featured in Caribbean Travel & Life as one of the “Ultimate Beach Bars”, February 2009. Chat ‘N’ Chill has received numerous reviews over the years from esteemed publications such as Islands Magazine, Destination Weddings and Honeymoons Magazine, Fodor’s Travel Guides, Meetings & Conventions Magazine, Golf for Women, and the Miami Herald plus many others. Read further about the full story of Chat ‘N’ Chill.
What’s next?…there’s more to come!!!!
- Chat ‘N’ Chill Beach Shop for your gifts souvenirs and beach and vacation essentials.
- Watersports Rentals: Soon you will also be able to rent windsails, kayaks and more right on Volleyball Beach.
Chat ‘N’ Chill is your perfect Caribbean Beach Party Venue for Destination Weddings, Corporate, Incentive and Team Building Events, Outdoor Concerts & More